Favorite Meal of the Day

Mohamed S.

So you can hear a bunch of different opinions from people about the lunch we get served at school. The Falcon asked a student called Ghada, a high schooler now, about the lunch we get served in our schools. She believes the lunch we are served is pretty decent, but sometimes it’s cold and doesn’t taste as good. Most of the time it is fresh and tastes good. She said usually when there is a holiday or some occasion coming up she feels the food starts tasting better than usual. On a scale from 1 to 10, Ghada would rate the food a 6.5 overall. The main reason she rated the food this is because the food isn’t consistent and sometimes is cold and not fresh. This is only sometimes. Other times, the food can be really good. Ghada thinks that if they use more fresh ingredients and make the food fresh on a daily basis then it could taste better.

Next, The Falcon also questioned Hamdy, a student at a different middle school. He thinks that the school cafeteria put no effort into the food whatsoever. He believes that the only time the lunch is good is when we get lunch from places such as dominoes. He said that he would give the food a solid 3 out of 10 since they put no effort and it tastes different then the way they would’ve expected as if it was made 4 days ago. He claims that if the school cared about the kids and lunch then maybe instead of just throwing things together they would put more effort.

The kids that stay in the middle school such as the ones you would find around the whole cafeteria give a variety of different opinions. Sometimes they would say how “brunch for breakfast” is one of the best meals they ever had. For those of you who don’t know and are reading, brunch is a combination of breakfast and lunch. Other may be more negative and talk about how they believe the chicken or way to soggy or way to stiff.

Overall, school lunch has a bunch of different opinions from “I’m loving it” to “I hated it,” so it really varies between what the school cafeteria make and how much effort they may put into it. Other than the lunch being not fresh or the school putting no effort the kids like it but that is all.