Mr. Dwyer

Back to Article
Back to Article

Mr. Dwyer

Juan M.

Mr. Dwyer is a math teacher here at Fords Middle School. He has been a teacher since he was 30 years old. Math is his favorite subject to teach, and he still sees himself teaching in five years. Math is his favorite because it is involved in everything and you can’t get around it. Mr. Dwyer became a teacher because he was influenced by his former teachers, and felt that he could do the same. As a kid, he was always doing good in school and wanted to be the smartest kid. His favorite grade level out of all that he taught was fourth grade. Mr. Dwyer praises fourth grade so much because fourth graders are, “At their turning point in learning,” and they don’t ask questions like, “Why do I have to do this?” They are open minded to anything and want to learn. Mr. Dwyer’s biggest challenge as a teacher is disruptive students and students who don’t try at all. Mr. Dwyer has respect for the students who are hard workers and the students who, “Pose a challenge.” In his free time, he likes to do carpentry. He also likes to watch sports, mostly football. Like many teachers here at Ford’s, Mr. Dwyer loves to pick up a good book. Before he decided to teach, he wanted to be a scientist. He always wanted to make a discovery or cure a disease. His role model is Nelson Mandela, a former president of South Africa. He looks up to Mandela because he shows, “Perseverance” and, “Resilience of the human spirit.”