Dominique W.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Dominique W.

Sabrina Z., Writer

Dominique is an honor student at Fords Middle, who is a good example for teens going to school today. Dominique shared her view on school life today with The Falcon.
Teens today often are faced with a lot of stress having to juggle all of their classes, homework, assignments, and class projects that come with school. When Dominique was asked how she deals with this she said, “At times it can be overwhelming, I try to not procrastinate and get everything done. I recommend to have a planner or something where you have a set schedule or routine.” That is an excellent solution for keeping organized! Students sometimes deal with time management issues regarding school and home life. Dominique personally doesn’t have to deal with that problem too much and says, “I usually don’t do a lot of stuff outside of school so I place school at my main focus.”
Some certain students believe that school isn’t as important as others might see it to be and might ask, “Well if school is such a big pain then why go to school at all?” Dominique says, “Well, it would be so much easier and life would be a breeze, but I would be uneducated and unable to get a job.” She also speaks about the importance of the fact that people are forced to go to school nowadays, “We need educated people who can run our businesses; if we didn’t our economy would go down.”
Technology increasingly affects students and schools around the globe. That has both positive and negative aspects. Dominique also states, “When you give teens what they are already used to it can make things more fun and easy.” However the negative aspects she says “It’s very distracting and it’s easy to go off track.”